New Medical Centre
Doctors on Riccarton
… a building that makes the patients feel better and where staff work more efficiently.
• Lack of visual presence, insufficient number of car parking and generally poor floor planning with the lack of space and dark rooms at existing facility.
- Visual presence – appropriate massing with the two storey frontage – double height space waiting room, rooms on first floor, and featured symbolic cross circular window.
- Welcoming and ‘energizing’ waiting room – designed a special space that invigorates patients by providing a sun drenched room -north facing windows, uplifting experience with the double height space.
- Efficient and effective spatial planning – mapped out how the facility operates to generate the floor plan specific for their daily purpose.
- Ample storage – designed private circulation spaces to be dual purpose – private circulation and accessing storage cabinets.
A building designed first for patients – ample car parking, and a patient room that makes them feel better. An efficient spatial planning to ensure that staff can deliver their services as good as the building was designed for.